Friday, June 11, 2010

YOU'RE THE RADIANCE OF ALL OF HIS GLORY

I read in a magazine the other day that 65% of the happiest women in the world are the ones that society considers the most attractive. Now, I don't know how accurate that statistic is, but it struck a chord with me. I'll be the first to admit that I am just like everyone else in that I have insecurities about the way I look, maybe more than a lot of people. I'm not proud of it, but it's the cold, hard truth.

These thoughts, "I wish I were taller/shorter.", "I wish I had a clearer complexion.", "I'd really like to lose 5, 10, 15 pounds.", and so many more can be toxic. They can eat away at our self esteem, and leave us hollow and depressed. It's not surprising to me then that if that percentage of women are considered the "most attractive", then they probably are the happiest. We are our own worst enemies, and as Christian women we need to be particularly careful because speaking from experience, our faith can begin to be compromised as well.

Don't you think more than anything that it's like slapping God in the face when we get down on ourselves about our outward appearances? When we think things like, "That cute boy must not like me because i'm not pretty enough, skinny enough, etc.", and then we try and change ourselves to fit the mold. Now i'm not saying that i'm not guilty of any of these things, but I think God must feel genuinely hurt when we think and act that way. He did create us after all. Knowing that alone should make us feel beautiful.

We were created in HIS image, and when we reflect that, we display the most radiant, magnificent, and rare kind of beauty there is. One of my favorite Bible verses, Psalm 45:11 says,

"The king is ENTHRALLED by your beauty; honor Him for He is your Lord."

The God of the universe is ENTHRALLED by my beauty! How amazing is that!? How can I ever be ashamed knowing that? If I claim Christ...His beauty is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment